The Department of Youth and Culture (DYC) is proud to host its 13th Youth Educational Summer Creative Arts Production and Entertainment programme (Youth E.S.C.A.P.E.). This year there will be Ten (10) exciting and interesting workshops available, with the first beginning on the 8th July, 2019 and the last one ending on the 26th August 2019.
The workshops and dates are:
1. Culinary Arts (Baking) 8th – 12th July – 9:00am – 12:00pm
2. Digital Creative (Photography & Videography) 8th – 12th July – 9:00am – Noon & 1:00pm – 4:00pm
3. Music Revolution Programme (Ages 14 – 21) –– 8th – 17th July – 9:00am – 3:00pm
4. Pottery (Ceramics) – 8th – 19th July – 1:00pm – 4:00pm
5. Junior Calypso (Music) -8th – 19th July – 9:00am – noon
6. Etch, Sketch & Paint 15th – 26th July– 9:00am – noon
7. Digital Creative (Animation) – 22nd July – 26th July – 9:00am – noon & 1:00pm 4:00pm
8. Digital Creative (Apps Development) – 29th July – 2nd August – 9:00am – noon & 1:00pm 4:00pm
9. The Art of Drumming –
a. Advanced (10 – 18 yr.-olds) – 12th to 16th August – 9:00am – noon
b. Beginners & Intermediate (3 – 10 yr.-olds) -19th to 23rd August – 9:00am – noon
10. Marine Heritage – 19th – 23rd August – 9:00am – 3:00pm
Please see further details on each programme below.
The overall objective of Youth E.S.C.A.P.E. is to develop the knowledge and skills of school-aged youth in the arts and to involve them in culturally relevant activities using creative and innovative methodologies.
Registration is Now Open
Registration for Youth E.S.C.A.P.E. 2019 is now open and a fee EC$75 will be charged for each programme. All interested persons are being encouraged to sign up immediately, as space is limited and students must be registered with the department before the start of the programme that they are interested in participating in.
Contact Department of Youth and Culture
Please contact the Department of Youth and Culture on 498 3792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register your children.